Stats

17.12.11

Civil 3D, Et Cetera

Why a new Civil 3D Blog?
I've been looking forward to a fresh start, psychologically and technologically.  I'm no longer a novice of Civil 3D and my audience is looking for a deeper level of advice. Bad juju was following me around from my old blog and I just wanted to get away from it.  After 5 years, the layout was tired. No matter how much tweaking I did, I never liked the look of it.  The format of the old blog did not translate well to Blogger's new dynamic views. 

Moving my blog feels a lot like moving to a new office - the desk is not yet encrusted with my coffee rings and I can arrange it however I want.

In this blog I plan on discussing:
  • Civil 3D
  • 3DS Max 
  • Map 3D
  • The odd Revit interaction with Civil 3D
  • Raster Design
  • Other random stuff per my discretion
  • Et cetera
Hope to see you here frequently. 

3 comments:

  1. I came across a post on your old blog regarding the end of Land Desktop (dated June, 2008) and a newer product AutoCAD Civil coming onto the scene. I was searching on Autodesk's website for AutoCAD Civil and didn't find it in their products section. Do you know if Autodesk provides any software that is less powerful than Civil 3D. I am familiar with Civil 3D 2008 and know that I do not need its capabilities for our projects. I just need something to build surfaces and maybe get some cut/fill quantities for single family lots.

    If you get a chance to reply, it would be much appreciated.

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you post an updated version of Monday, October 11, 2010 - WisDOT Files Where to Guide, only for Civil 3D 2011? It would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete